The arrival of Charlotte Tilbury in Ireland has brought to the fore two strong emotions for me. On the one hand, I am incredibly excited because I have heard so much about the makeups and the fact that they are easily available now is almost too much for my little heart to bear. The other overwhelming emotion that I am feeling is FEAR. I want it all, and it's pretty pricey. Willpower is not my strong point when it comes to things cosmetical and I have absolutely avoided going near the general Grafton Street area for fear that I will be tempted to spend a whole month's salary on one outing. So I have found a compromise. I have allowed myself to browse the Brown Thomas website and make a list of the things that I am allowed to purchase first so I can be excited about the goods without the fear of throwing caution to the wind and going mad. Enough rambling and onto the goods!
1. The first thing on my list is the thing that literally makes my heart skip a beat when I see it, and it is the delectable Dolce Vita Eyeshadow Palette. Have you ever seen anything so luxurious because I certainly don't think I have- and those colours are just right up my alley. There is no doubt but that I will make this mine, and it'll be the best €50 I have ever spent I'm sure.
2. Another thing right at the top of my wishlist has been praised to the high heavens by many beauty bloggers and it is the Filmstar Bronze and Glow Face Sculpt & Highlight Palette. This was first put on my radar by Amelia Liana who always looks sculpted and highlighted in fairness, and admittedly, without ever having swatched or seen this in the flesh, I feel like this could be love. I love the thought of having your sculpt and highlight in the same palette in clearly defined pans and the chic gold packaging just makes me yearn for it all the more. When I do eventually muster up the courage to go into Brown Thomas, this will cost me €65. I know.
3. Lip Cheat: Pillowtalk- Re-Shape and Re-Size Liner- well what can I say about this that has not already been said? It's a simple lip liner to the average person but to make up enthusiasts, it's the lure and promise of plump, juicy, full lips. At €22, it might just be the most I have ever spent on a lip liner, but if I'm gonna do it, I want to do it Charlotte Tilbury style.
4. The award for the lipstick with the longest and hardest name to remember is the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Stoned Rose: Fallen from the Lipstick Tree which is a gorgeous pinky nude lipstick that just screams decadence. I don't mind shelling out relative big bucks for lipsticks that will make me feel classy and ladylike and this just encapsulates femininity in a little capsule, I think it is a gorgeous colour. At €30, they are pretty much on par with the other high end lipsticks in BTs- slightly cheaper than Chanel, YSL etc.- so I can definitely justify it. PLUS my middle name is Rose so it's like a sign!
5. The elusive Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. This has to go down in history as one of the most hyped products ever. Rumour has it that back in the day when Charlotte herself was doing makeup behind the scenes that she would pull out a jar of her handmade, homemade cream and use it as a makeup base for all the models that she was working on, and it achieved cult status. Now she has added it to her makeup line and at €90 a pot, it is absolutely sinfully expensive there is no doubt, but if this delivers, it would be like having a brand new face. I just can't wait to feel the texture of it on my skin, feel it on my hand, and see if it makes any difference.
6. Charlotte Tilbury is well known for her smoky eye looks and it's only right that I should pick up her Rock n Kohl Iconic Liquid Liner Pencil in Bedroom Black to try to duplicate some of her most famous makeup looks. I'm terrified of putting anything near my waterline due to weepy eye alert but allegedly, this is a genius pencil with pigmentation of the variety that has to be seen to be believed. Looks like I'll have to cough up the €25 for the privilege.
Talking about all these beauties just makes me march into the Charlotte Tilbury counter now and put my debit card on the counter and just ask them to ring it all up, but if I did, this wishlist would set me back €282 which is just obscene. With my birthday coming up next month, I will be dropping major Charlotte Tilbury themed hints to my nearest and dearest. One way or another, slowly but surely, I will be making all of these mine!
What are you lusting after from the Charlotte Tilbury line? Have you tried any of the products yet? And are you battling the same excitement/fear demons that I am?