In my dream world where I have unlimited funds to spend on makeup and cosmeticals, I would go hell for leather on buying all around me in the duty free before I board the plane. In fact, duty free shopping is one of my highlights of any trip I go on. I get to the airport early, I race through security double quick and I savour every second minute surrounded by glass bottles of lush smells and displays of general prettiness. I've been perusing The Loop website picking out what pieces I am going to pick up in Dublin Airport on the way outbound to Paris. The following are my top picks.
1. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation- one of my all time favourite foundations, I want to pick up a slightly paler shade for the winter months. I'm currently using shade 03 which is perfect for my Gentle Bronze tan that I have been rocking, but I am more prepared to embrace my pale in the winter months. This costs €37.50 on the high street but €29.80 in the airport. So it makes economical sense.
2. Yves St Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation- I've been curious about this foundation for a while now, and if they have a shade to suit me in the airport, I will be sorely tempted. I take BR20 in the Youth Liberator Serum Foundation so I presume I would be something similar in Touche Eclat but my golden rule of thumb is try before you buy, especially when it comes to foundations. At €30.60 airport price -v- €40 Brown Thomas price, the difference is significant.
3. MAC Paint Pot in 'Tailor Grey'- you know how I am attracted to MAC Paint Pots, and anything grey or brown make me purr. That I have managed to resist purchasing these until my holliers is no small feat- this beautiful muted grey creamy pot of goodness will be mine and airport price is €16.58 -v- €20 in BT.
4. Jo Malone London Cologne in Peony and Blush Suede- I don't own any Jo Malone perfumes, I've never quite understood the hype around them to be honest. I have smelled some before, and they don't make my soul sing the way Chanel fragrances do. However, bearing in mind it's 20% cheaper than BT prices in the airport at €38.40, seems as good a time as any to see what all the fuss is about myself.
5. Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector- this would be a repurchase because I have never quite found anything to tackle my undereye circles the way that the Bobbi Brown Corrector has. The perfect shade for me is Light Bisque, and it's the one I keep buying over and over again.
6. MAC Paint Pot in Camel Coat- I reiterate everything I said in point 3 above. I am a long time fan of MAC Paint Pots and the muted browny beige would be a perfect base for a neutral eye or a nice quick fix when you couldn't really be bothered doing your eye makeup. This is an absolute definite, must purchase piece.
7. MAC Lipstick in Lustering- I'm really loving the MAC Lustre Finish lipsticks at the moment and Lustering has been on my wishlist forever. It's a gorgeous pinky red and if I wear it half as much as I wear See Sheer, I will be very happy indeed.
8. MAC Lipstick in Syrup- another gorgeous pink but a truer, sheerer pink than any of the other Lustre lipsticks in my collection. Need.
Those are my duty free picks- not too crazy I hope you will agree. If you are travelling from Dublin, Cork or Shannon Airport, you can pre-order goods from the website online (www.theloop.ie) to collect at the airport on your departure or return. The Loop often have discount codes available- just run a quick google search and check to see if there are any new ones available.
Will you be picking up anything in the Duty Free before you head off this summer? Does anyone else love the Duty Free experience as much as I do? :)