With my little annual trip to Paris just around the corner, I thought I would put together a little wishlist to help me focus when I am struggling for elbow room in the permanently packed Citypharma in the 6eme arrondissement. I've long loved French pharmacy skincare and it was only upon my return to Ireland after living and working in France for months that I realised how lucky I was to have all that goodness on my doorstep. Back them, Bioderma had not been heard of in France, and La Roche Posay was barely available in Ireland. Whilst I cannot be held accountable for my actions or spending once I get to Paris, these are a list of the things that I will definitely be picking up!
1. La Roche Posay Serozinc- for whatever unknown and bizarre reason, we cannot get our hands on this stuff in Ireland or the UK. I've never tried it before but I am confident after reading a multitude of favourable reviews. I'll probably pick up 5 of them in case I like it!
2. Avibon Pommade- jam packed with retinol and Vitamin A, this has anti aging and skin renewal properties. Apparently it's quite difficult to come across but I will be demander en francais for this beaut.
3. Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentré- probably one of the leading cult French pharmacy products- I had a little one before and I loved it so I will be scouting this down once I arrive.
4. Bioderma Atoderm Mains- I've never tried this either but my severe dry hand issue research has pointed me in this direction many a time so I'll make sure to pick one of these up.
5. La Roche Posay Anthelios XL- I hate the sun and sun damage and I tend to avoid the sun as if I was a vampire without a daylight ring- however, you never know when you will be caught out, and I am going to invest in this LRP sun protection (at a much better price than here in Ireland) and keep my skin safe for the rest of the summer.
6. Biafine- Ok so the packaging is not the sexiest, but this is a staple product in every French home for treating burns/abrasions etc. I've often heard this is used as a face mask also so I might just trial it for that purpose and see how it fares also.
7. Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm- these are only 6€ a pop in France so I'll pick up a few. Love this as a lip conditioning treatment and under lipstick.
8. Klorane Shampooing Sec- I'm a little bit dubious of all the hype that this product gets because it is just a dry shampoo after all but the only way to test it out for myself is to purchase it innit!
9. Homeoplasmine- I'll be primarily picking this up as an emollient lip treatment but it also has a host of other uses- including treating dry patches of skin and as a healing balm.
10. Bioderma Sensibo Crealine H2O- my all time favourite French pharmacy product ever- there is no other micellar water like this- not L'Oreal, not Garnier- nada! I don't know what it is about this stuff but I absolutely love it and I think I'm going to buy like 10 giant bottles!
11. Bioderma Hydrabio Masque- I've heard from other dehydrated skinned gals like myself that this is a wonderfully hydrating mask so I'll try it out for myself and see if it quenches my skin's thirst.
12. Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum- Serum is a step often skipped in my regime, but in an effort to get into the game, I am going to find this magic grape juice and add it into the mix. I've smelt this in Space NK and it smells deee-vine so I await this eagerly.
13. Phyto 7 Hydrating Cream- this is a curious offering really. It's like a moisturiser or day cream for your hair- containing 7 beacons of hair goodness- this is meant to moisturise without weighing your hair down or leaving it feel greasy. I'm curious enough about this to want to purchase it.
That's my French pharmacy wishlist so far but as you can probably imagine, it is a constantly growing beast. Is there anything else you would recommend me to pick up whilst I am over there? Have you tried any of these products and had a good or bad experience? Please let me know below!