So I'm going all out on a limb today and, in my second SBBC post of the day, I am laying out my top 20 beauty and skincare tricks. I'm not pretending that anything on this list is new or novel but they are the little tips that I have picked up over the last few years.
1. Blast your washed and conditioned hair with cold water before you step out of the shower. This just settles and closes each individual hair, locking in your freshly washed goodness, and providing amazing shine.
2. Similarly, splash your face with cold water when you have washed it before applying toner. When you are washing or rinsing your face, make sure to finish with a splash of cold water to close all your pores and tighten your skin.
3. Use your ring finger to apply undereye concealer. The skin under your eyes is the most sensitive skin on your face so it is important not to cause any undue irritation.
4. Sleep on a sleek or satin pillowcase to avoid damaging your hair and to make your hair easier to style in the morning.
5. Run your fingernails under ice cold water when you have applied nail polish and want it to set quickly.
6. Apply powder to your lipstick if you would like to make it last longer.
7. Use little round cotton pads to dab off any sweaty faced-ness from your nose, chin and forehead during the hot summer months.
8. Smile when putting your lipstick on- it's the best way to make sure you have your lipstick applied properly.
9. Spray perfume in front of you and walk into it- this way the fragrance will cover your whole body and not just where you spray it directly.
10. Don't put mascara on your lower lashes- it can make your eyes look smaller and cast shadows under your eye instead of drawing light.
11. Wait until the end of a shower to shave your legs because the steam will soften the hairs on your legs and make it less irritating to shave and give a better result.
12. Every night before you go to bed, brush your hair from root to tip. This will move the natural oils down your hair shaft and moisturise your dead ends.
13. Apply some thermal water spray or splash your face with water before you apply liquid foundation- foundation won't cling to your dry patches.
14. To stop your lipstick from bleeding, apply a little concealer around the lip area to make everything stay where it should.
15. Give your powder brushes a good tap when you pick up powder to knock any excess product off the brush instead of paintbombing your face.
16. Mix your undereye concealer with your favourite eyecream for light moisturising coverage.
17. Use a soft baby toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips and smother in a nourishing lip balm.
18. Line your lids with pencil or a shadow first before going in with the liquid or gel liner. The outline will be there for you to trace which should make your job alot easier.
19. If you have very dry and brittle nails, try soaking your nails in olive oil for 10 minutes for a quick and inexpensive nail treatment.
20. Apply dry shampoo the night before to avoid that dastardly grey/white cast.
So those are my little nuggets of wisdom for today? What beauty hints and tips that I haven't already mentioned do I need to know? Remember sharing is caring!